5th ASLE-ASEAN Ecocritical Conference
Posthuman Southeast Asia
23-25 November 2023
The conference is hosted by the School of Liberal Arts, Mae Fah Luang University, and will be held onsite and online (hybrid format) at the university’s main campus in the province of Chiang Rai, north of Thailand. The official language of the conference is English, but we will accept oral presentations in any ASEAN language as long as you provide us with a written translation of your paper into English ahead of the conference (only for onsite presentations).
If you are interested in presenting a paper at the conference (onsite or online), please submit your abstract (max. 250 words) and a short bio note (max. 100 words) using the following link only (do not send it by email):
The Call For Papers is now closed. Thank you everyone for your submissions. We are now working to put together the academic program for the conference.
Submit your abstract proposal before 31 August 2023. We will notify if your proposal is accepted/rejected no later than 15 September 2023. If accepted, register to attend the conference between 15 January and 1 October 2023 by following the instructions detailed here.
- Registration fees paid for the conference will also provide membership of ASLE-ASEAN until the next Ecocritical Conference.
- The conference program will be announced on 1 November 2023.
- Papers presented at the conference will be considered for inclusion as chapters in a book to be published by Lexington Books (Rowman & Littlefield) as part of their series Ecocritical Theory and Practice. A contract has already been signed for the publication of this book and the editor will be selecting chapters drawn from presentations at the conference that are submitted no later than 23 December 2023. You can find more details on this volume and how to submit chapters here.
- Conference dates: Thursday 23, Friday 24, and Saturday 25 November 2023.
- Conference location: Mae Fah Luang University, Chiang Rai, Thailand.
- Conference format: Hybrid (onsite and online presentations are acceptable).
- For more details, please follow the updates published on this website.
- If you have any queries or you want to organize a special panel during the conference, you can contact Dr Ignasi Ribó, School of Liberal Arts, Mae Fah Luang University, via email (email@example.com).