5th ASLE/ASEAN Ecocritical Conference
Posthuman Southeast Asia
23-25 November 2023
All the venues for the conference are located inside Mae Fah Luang University campus. You can use the map below to locate the three venues:
- E4 Building: This is the first building on your right as you enter the university campus. The 5th floor of E4 building (ground-level floor) will be the main venue for the conference. All plenary and panel sessions will take place in the rooms at this level (PD1, 507, 508, 509 and 518). The registration desk and the catering services (lunch and coffee breaks) will also be located here. See the E4 building floor plan below.
- Mekong Basin Civilization Museum: The cultural performance and welcome dinner at the end of Day 1 will take place in this museum, which is located inside campus. Transportation will be provided by the organization to move participants between E4 and the museum at the end of the first day. See the shuttle location on the meeting points map below. If you are staying at Wanawes Resort, it is a short walk to/from the museum.
- MFU Botanical Garden: This is a large garden distributed in different areas throughout the university campus. Two adjacent areas of the botanical garden (Flower Garden and Buddhist Garden) will be the site of the Nature Walk on the morning of Day 2. Transportation will be provided by the organization to move participants between E4 and the Botanical Garden at 7 AM on the morning of the second day. See the shuttle location on the meeting points map below.
E4 Building (main venue)
The following floor plan of the 5th floor (ground-level floor) of E4 building shows the different rooms and areas that will be used during the conference:
- Pradu Daeng 1 (PD1) (red): This is the main room, where plenaries and some panel sessions will take place.
- 507, 508, 509 and 518 (blue): These are smaller rooms where other panel sessions will take place.
- Registration (orange): The registration desk is located at the entrance of Pradu Daeng 1, on the main lobby.
- Catering (green): Lunch and coffee breaks will be served in the catering area of the main lobby.
The following activities will take place outside of the E4 building. Transportation to these other sites, most of them inside MFU campus, will be provided by the organization at the meeting points and times indicated on the map below:
- Welcome Dinner (Day 1) (point B): A GEM car will take participants from E4 to the Mekong Basin Civilization Museum starting at 16:30 until 17:30 (last shuttle). The shuttle will depart every 15 minutes between these times. At the end of the dinner, the shuttle will take participants back from the museum to E4 between 19:00 and 20:00 (again, it will run every 15 minutes).
- Nature Walk (Day 2) (point B): A GEM car will take participants who wish to join the early morning Nature Walk to the MFU Botanical Garden. The shuttle will depart at 7:00 from the bus stop in front of the main university pond, across from M-square.
- Ecocultural Tour (Day 3) (point C): The vans for the Ecocultural Tour (for those participants who have signed up for the tour) will depart at 8:30 at the entrance of E4 building.
IMPORTANT! Due to security concerns, the meeting point A will not be used. Instead, all pick ups indicated from meeting point A will take place at meeting point B. Sorry for the inconvenience.